Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Tiny Effort.

I am not always a responsible member of my community. I often place my selfish desires - or more often laziness - in front of the interest of my immediate or global community.

Today I was at Costco buying a lot of various fluids. I unloaded my cart of heavy cases of water bottles into my car, and I just did not feel like walking all the way across the parking lot to dump my cart in the cart corral. I paused for a moment, and looked around the parking lot. I saw about 4 carts sitting next to the parking spaces of irresponsible members of this community. I nodded my head, and walked my cart across the parking lot to the cart corral. I took care of my stuff, and now nobody else has to.

Tiny effort. Incredibly significant moment.

Think about all those things that annoy you. When your co-worker doesn't do that little thing that would make a world of difference. When a selfish man spits his gum in the urinal when there is a trash can three steps away. When you turn on your blinker, but nobody lets you in.

Now take a day to be intentional and see how you are impacting your immediate community. How is your community blessed by you? How is your community inconvenienced by you? Then add that tiny effort to make somebody's day that much better.

Blessings,

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment