Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nice Things

Today I was surprised by two random acts of service and kindness from complete strangers.

First I was at Lake Michigan Credit Union, because I was informed that I had a negative balance on an account that I thought I hadn't used in about 2 years. So I went in to fix the problem. It turns out I had accidentally used the wrong card when I got my hair cut early May. Lake Michigan has a service that they pay for my overdraft, but the service costs $30. The lady there took the $30 off my account, and what I thought was a $35 inconvenience was only a $5 inconvenience. Maybe she does this for a lot of people, but I sure appreciated it.

Then I was in twisted rooster ordering my $3.00 roo-burger to go (their all day Wednesday special). After a bit of a wait, the waitress who had taken my order told me that it was taking longer than usual, and I should just go back over to clique and she would bring my burger when it was done.

Neither of them had to do either of these things for me, but they both did. It just made me smile, so I thought I would share it with all of you.

What nice things have people done for you today? What nice things have you done for people today?

2 comments:

  1. It's really easy to want to do nice things for my grand kids when I'm with them. But, doing nice things for perfect strangers is awesome! You never know how much an act of kindness could impact someone's life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The times in my life when strangers have done kind things for me, or when I have done kind things for strangers have, for some reason, been some of the most profound and meaningful experiences in my life. Glimpses of Shalom, perhaps

    ReplyDelete