Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Like Where I am

Today I woke up at 7:30, getting out of bed after two snooze buttons at 7:45. I left the dorm at 8:00 to get some breakfast and start the day slow. My first class, at 8:35 was Teaching General Music, where we sang a song, played instruments and made motions to go along with it. Of course, every college class has lecture time, but I genuinely enjoy my professors. During break I got my first free cup of coffee of the day (perk of my new job at the coffee house on campus), then enjoyed my first Theory class of the semester. After Theory I got lunch, and practiced my various instruments until Capella rehearsal at 3:30. From there I ate dinner, and did some reading then went to work at 7:00. I worked until close, and got back to my dorm at about 10:45. That is nearly fifteen hours out of the dorm, but I loved every minute.

After a day like that I see things with a bit more perspective, and I realized that I was disappointed to hear that classes were canceled tomorrow due to the blizzard. Walking back to my dorm I heard many students rejoicing for their day off, but I don't want a day off. The semester JUST started, and I like where I am.

So tomorrow I will not take a day off, I will get up and have breakfast then go about my day. The weekends are enough to have off.

P.S. Feel free to quote this to me when I post about how busy I am come exams and juries :)

1 comment:

  1. This pretty much answers my question I just posted on your wall. Good to hear! Can you study during work? If you have time, call me tomorrow during the day. I'll be driving all day.

    ReplyDelete