Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Back in Color

Hello dear anonymous:

Now that I have rediscovered color, I invite you to follow me. I realized that the neutral colors that I am so entranced by can only offer so much. They have crisp lines and distinct features, in their neutrality they stick out. But when you exist in neutrals, you stick out, you do not fit in. Many of us try to be "individuals" we try to be "original" or "different," but the fact is that we long so desperately to fit in. The problem is that when we fit in, we do not get noticed. So the battle is between acceptance and acknowledgement. Would you rather be the completely average person who seems invisible, or the radical, original, neutral person who everyone sees in the crowd?

I don't know what my answer is, and in a perfect world the question would not exist. But all I can do from here on out is to love. Whether someone sticks out, or blends in, to notice them and greet them with a good, positive attention.

The bottom line comes back once again to love. So I encourage all, and myself to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment