Sunday, October 14, 2012

Writing Music

Lately I have been trying to learn myself about how to write music. It's harder than I thought. I am jamming on a few different riffs, and making some rad beats, but the lyrics and catchy melody are so difficult to make natural. I know what sort of message I want to send with my first album, but I don't know how to say it all in an artistic way, full of flow without the weight that I've come to know in this life I live day to night and this love I live tomorrow or later tonight.

I want to ask the same questions that I ask in this blog, but I need a lightness to be mixed in. I need some songs to be crushingly emotional while others are whimsically releasing. I need my personality to be embodied in song. I want to create a real, perfectly authentic expression of my soul.

If I can do all these things, I can do anything.

But first I must be responsible to both the life I have lived and the life that I want to pursue. The past me has created some baggage that I need to fell, and the present me can't help but look towards the future and towards my dreams. The past will be handled on the way to the future. I have a plan, and it will be marvelous.

Welcome to a dark, wet, but surprisingly warm Today

-Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment