Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1 hour breaks

Well. I said I would organize myself, and I did. This has allowed me 1 hour breaks for 4 days a week. :)

The best part about these breaks is that I know when I am going to do everything, I know that everything is going to get done, so I can just relax and be at peace for an hour each day (almost). This, I think is far better then a day when a person rests for 4 hours, but the entire time they are filled with anxiety. Of course, I can never get music out of my head, so I am still thinking about it in that sense... but that is pure enjoyment.

Oh, and did I mention 8 and a half hours of sleep (that is, if I am good and finish all of my work on time) 3 days a week?

Perhaps, someday I will write a song cycle... all of this a-tonal music is inspiring me... it is such a fragile art: with one slip of the composers mind, or performers hand, the piece can be ruined. Everything must be perfect, and then, for some unknown reason, this seemingly random assembly of notes (that in fact is not random at all, nor anymore mathematical then tonal music) reaches you deeply. For every master of Baroque there was a master of Classical... Romantic... A-tonal.

Just a thought :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! No room for procrastinating with your new organizational theme!

    ReplyDelete